SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 15,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Criteo, Chariot, KMS, and Alliance Data; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
We’re hiring a Director of Product Management to join our product team and assist in taking our platform to the next level. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground level, make an impact on the product roadmap, and bridge together team members with a cross-collaborative function. This role will report to the Head of Engineering.
The Director of Product Management will work closely with our engineering, design, and operations teams to establish the direction for the future of our platform and help us serve small businesses with their insurance needs. You'll be responsible for gathering, structuring, and prioritizing product requirements from internal and external stakeholders. Execute the roadmap across our technology stack to deliver industry-leading service at scale. Serving our mission of making it effortless to understand, navigate, and pay for care.
A successful person in this role will have a customer-first mindset with immense empathy and curiosity for the customer experience. They are expected to:
- Take customer insights and translate them into actionable requirements that our engineering team can rally behind
- Lead in cross-functional collaboration
- Gain results by utilizing influence as well as information leadership skills becoming a trusted member of the company
- Use clear communication and advocate for the customer
- Operate in ambiguity and take risks to improve the overall product and customer experience
- Own the key conversion metrics for the company’s primary health insurance marketplace product
- Own and drive the product roadmap for our suite of member experience products
- Prioritize feature requests, enhancements, backlog, and opportunities based on company goals and objectives
- Create a deep understanding of our small business customers - who they are, how they work, and what their needs and requirements are
- Explore, build, and own new product lines and features - including our expansion to individual and large group health insurance
- Partner with sales, client success, customer experience, and carrier teams to deeply understand each member needs, and deliver the best technology-driven solution to meet those needs
- Mentor team members by adopting our best practices
- Become the health insurance market expert, digging in deep with our carriers
Your skills include
- 5-7 years of experience in product management or software engineering, with 1 year of experience with leading a team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to keep track of multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated success in leading the development of products and customer-facing features from inception to delivery.
- Experience with confusing customer feedback interviews and turn those into insights
- Excellent problem-solving, project management, and communication skills.
- High attention to detail and orientation toward building repeatable processes
- Experience compiling, reviewing, and analyzing product data to inform insights around user behavior
- Demonstrated experience building consumer products - working closely with design and design research as well as technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineer
- Adaptability to thrive in highly complex and changing environments
- Former experience with health insurance or a health tech field is nice to have
Benefits and Perks
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every 6 months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation, with a clear career progression ladder based on metrics & licensing
- Generous stock option packages
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.