SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 15,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
We’re hiring an Operations Manager who can efficiently engage and support our fantastic operations team. This team plays an integral role in upholding the company’s mission of eliminating fear in health insurance for small businesses. With thousands of interactions with customers and carriers on a monthly basis, it is critical to ensure the team is performing at the highest level of quality and productivity.
This position will require getting certified as a licensed producer for Health/Accident/Life and keeping the license current. You will also be expected to learn and master the renewals tasks, subject matter quickly, and knowledge to be a resource for your team’s questions. The role will work closely with and report to the Vice President of Operations. As the front-line team manager, you will use your experience in motivating, coaching, interpersonal skills and data analysis to keep the team focused on the targets and producing at a high level, matched with high quality.
- Performance management towards targets and Service Level Agreements
- Be a hard-working multi-tasker, supporting teams in multiple locations. You’ll be one of the go-to people when the business requires solutions to fire drills
- Oversee business performance reporting and own strategic content distribution to executive leadership
- Ensuring all KPIs are consistently being met by the team - <1% churn
- Scheduling and time adherence
- Ensuring the quality program is fully running within the renewals team
- Leading 1:1’s with direct reports
Your Skills Include
- 3 - 5 years experience in operations, logistics, or customer support role
- 1 - 2 years experience in a leadership/manager/quality evaluation role
- Highly effective coach, mentor, and motivator
- Process and efficiency expert with a knack for identifying bottlenecks and finding shortcuts
- A self-motivated and proactive team player, working quickly and accurately under pressure and time constraints, with minimal supervision
- Desire to roll up your sleeves to see a project to successful completion
- Passion for helping people - especially when it comes to their health
- Clear communicator, thoughtful listener, and highly perceptive
- Analytical skills, including expertise with spreadsheet analysis
- Previous health insurance experience preferred
- Nice to have: Skilled with Customer Service platforms and technologies (eg. Salesforce Zendesk)
Benefits and Perks
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every six months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock option packages
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice, except for employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. Therefore, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.