SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 15,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
We’re hiring a Full Stack Engineer to join our engineering team and assist in taking our platform to the next level. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground level, make an impact on supporting and improving our core product, and bridge together team members with a cross-collaborative function. This role will report to the Head of Engineering.
This person will help solve customer bugs and issues reported by the Customer Support team in this role. Design solutions to feature requirements as the Product Team prioritize them—review fellow engineer’s code before shipping.
Our technology stack is react-redux on the front end and ruby on the back end—other core technologies, Selenium, AWS, and Linux. In addition, the engineering team meets daily for stand-ups, which helps to stay in sync and move fast.
- Working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Build backend services and APIs to support new and existing product initiatives
- Revamp existing features to become more integrated with all other features
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- Debugging and improvements to the infrastructure
- Lead projects where you’ll collaborate with team members across the company, like operations, product, and support.
Your skills include
- BS in Computer Science (or relevant degree) or four years of experience building large-scale backend systems and frontend interfaces
- Experience debugging and improvements to the infrastructure
- Experience writing high-performance production-quality code
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Build robust systems requiring less and less engineering oversight
- Bonus: AppleScript, Chef, ML/OCR
Benefits and Perks
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every six months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock option packages
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice, except for employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. Therefore, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.