SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 15,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
This role is responsible for shepherding small business applications for insurance through the approval process with our insurance carrier partners. As a New Business Manager, you will act as the primary point of contact for prospective clients once they have completed an application. You will be an advocate for and advisor to small business owners in the new policy application process. When required, you will work with prospective customers to advise them on the process, identify and gather required documentation, guide employee compliance, and ensure meeting desired deadlines for coverage. This role requires a high degree of cross-functional collaboration with multiple internal teams to provide a world-class customer experience.
As the quarterback of the process, you will also be expected to identify opportunities to increase conversion or efficiency. You'll have unique insight and access into application and approval issues and you'll be empowered through data analytics to propose process improvements or product enhancements to improve customer experience.
In this role, you will be a critical member of the Revenue Operations team. Your goals are to achieve a high conversion rate of approved policies and drive high throughput of applications through the process. As a member of the New Business team, you will be responsible for growing the company’s revenue from new business as well as increasing the number of small business groups and employees purchasing insurance through SimplyInsured.
- Shepherd prospective SimplyInsured clients through the insurance application process by phone and email
- Work collaboratively with prospective clients to ensure all underwriting requirements are met for application approval
- Drive education and adoption by proactively engaging clients
- Work collaboratively and cohesively with Sales, Operations, Support, Product, and other cross-functional departments to build a world-class customer experience
- Play an active role in contributing to growth and scalability through robust documentation, consistent process optimization, and capability cross-training
- Gather intelligent product feedback and recommendations from clients to design and inform new features and capabilities
- Monitor industry trends, client news, customer experience/journey best practices for consistent improvement and knowledge sharing
- Assist in keeping tools, systems and reports updated
Your skills include
- 3+ years of total work experience; startup experience a plus
- 2+ years of experience in client-facing implementation and/or technical account management.
- Experience working with clients spanning a wide range of industries.
- Proven track record of delivering results in a dynamic startup environment
- Excellent people and communication skills, including strong written and phone skills
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic and high energy, but also poised, confident and extremely professional
- Adaptable with the ability to pick up new technologies, assess situations quickly, and look for smarter, better ways to achieve goals
- Experience with CRM and salesforce automation systems preferred
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in any relevant field (finance, business, economics, STEM)
Benefits and Perks
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every six months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock option packages
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice, except for employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. Therefore, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.