SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 17,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies, scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
We’re hiring a Director of Marketing who can efficiently engage and acquire new users through methods of growth that can scale. As Director of Marketing, you will play a leadership role in the development, implementation, and optimization of various online/offline marketing initiatives including Search Engine Optimization/Search Engine Marketing (SEO/SEM), display, mobile, social, events and partner marketing programs to drive new user growth.
The role requires effectively managing and measuring campaigns from inception while meticulously fine tuning and optimizing performance. This position is both a highly strategic and tactical role that will work closely with product, creative and analytics teams - you must be comfortable with defining the marketing strategy, working with partners and their marketing teams, and executing and analyzing campaigns. In addition, this position will be working cross-functionally with our business development, product, engineering and operations teams to execute on our marketing strategies.
- Work alongside the founders and executive team to implement and determine scalable methods of growth
- Own and optimize user acquisition funnels, uncovering new growth opportunities across channels on both the B2C (SimplyInsured Customer) and B2B (Partnership) sides
- Oversee umbrella marketing budget and allocation to hit acquisition goals
- Manage third party vendors and an internal marketing team to execute on growth initiatives
- Measure the effectiveness of new channels and marketing campaigns, and identify greatest opportunities of impact across the user lifecycle
- Craft and optimize campaign content to A/B test across various channels
- Build relationships with external partners to promote the SimplyInsured brand
- 5-8 years of professional digital marketing experience where you were responsible for user acquisition across paid and organic channels
- Proven experience executing growth mechanisms from scratch across channels (paid social, SEM, display)
- Experience in channel marketing through strategic partnerships - influencing partners to run programs across display, email, in product, and programs for sales/customers support teams
- Experience managing and optimizing a marketing budget toward monthly targets
- Highly analytical and comfortable with setting up and leveraging marketing analytics tools (Google Analytics, Mixpanel) for insights
- Ability to think both analytically in measuring effectiveness, but also creatively to create compelling campaigns
- Experience with and excellent knowledge of a broad spectrum of digital marketing channels (advertising, social media, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), content marketing)
- Prior experience managing third party partners and marketing team members preferred
- Experience navigating regulated industries, healthcare and/or financial services a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every 6 months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock option packages
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.