SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 17,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies, scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
This role is responsible for leading and managing strategic initiatives/projects for SimplyInsured. SimplyInsured is shepherding small business applications for health, dental, and vision insurance through the approval process with our insurance carrier partners, maximizing conversion, efficiency, and customer experience. In studying various funnels, such as new business, broker of record changes, or renewals, you will be expected to identify opportunities to increase conversion and efficiency. You'll have unique insight and access into application and approval issues and you'll use data analytics to propose process improvements or product enhancements to improve the customer enrollment experience.
You'll be expected to get your hands dirty to understand process nuances and complexities. You'll construct persuasive cases for and against certain courses of action. You'll have executive-level visibility and an understanding of the growth drivers of the overall business. You'll act as an example and mentor to both people on the team and outside the team. This is a great opportunity to impact the trajectory of a quickly growing company.
This position requires complex problem solving, attention to detail, sophisticated analytical skills, competence to work with senior executives, and excellent communication skills. You must possess a positive attitude, the ability to switch priorities and maintain grace under pressure in a fast-paced environment. As a critical member of SimplyInsured, you will be responsible for growing the company’s revenue by increasing the number of small business groups and employees purchasing insurance through SimplyInsured.
Your skills include
- 2+ years experience in startup operations, finance, consulting, or a similarly demanding role
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in any relevant field (STEM, business, economics) or equivalent work experience
- Responsive to creating process and efficiency expert with a knack for identifying bottlenecks and finding shortcuts
- A self-motivated and proactive team player, working quickly and accurately under pressure and time constraints, with minimal supervision
- Desire to roll up your sleeves to see a project to successful completion
- Extreme attention to detail
- Passion for helping people - especially when it comes to their health
- Clear communicator, thoughtful listener, and highly perceptive
- Understands and has strong analytical skills, including expertise with spreadsheet analysis
- High attention to detail and orientation toward building repeatable processes
- Experience with CRM and salesforce automation systems preferred
Benefits and Perks
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every 6 months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock option packages
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.