SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 17,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies, scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
We are hiring for a Human Resources Generalist, you will work with the CEO to support the strategy, development, and execution of key HR functions including, engagement, employee relations, and benefits. The Human Resources Generalist can contribute to a fast-paced, fluid work environment as well as the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage work efficiently.
This is an amazing opportunity to provide vital support for the SimplyInsured team. In this role, you’ll be the first point of contact for any HR-related inquiries and will provide general support to all employees. We’re looking for a strong foundational set of experiences in a range of HR disciplines: benefits, compensation, systems maintenance, compliance, and employee relations.
- Hands-on and tactical approach and dig into the day to day aspect of all HR areas
- Manage employee relations by addressing and resolving employee issues promptly, effectively, and objectively while complying with applicable laws and policies
- Help drive the implementation of People programs and projects as we continue to scale
- Work closely with the rest of the HR department to contribute and shape team projects
- Lead employee relations for all employees and provide support for employees at all levels to successfully navigate difficult situations. Act as a liaison with counsel to resolve legal concerns
- Successfully coach and counsel managers on maintaining positive employee relations and serve as the primary point of contact for managers on determining resolutions for a wide range of people-related issues
- Deliver People solutions that drive company and individual performance to achieve initiatives in a way that is reflective of our unique culture, values, and mission
- Work on critical projects that impact the employee experience, growth, and retention
Your skills include
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree is preferred (equivalent work experience will be accepted as well)
- 1-3 years of experience as an HR generalist
- At least 1 year of experience in payroll processing and managing relationships with third-party providers such as Gusto, CheckR, Greenhouse
- Must have a solid understanding of HR employment-related laws/regulations. Functional HR expertise in the following areas: talent management, employee and manager coaching, HR program and process implementation, learning and development, compensation and recognition, employee engagement, and employee relations
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action
- Superior intellectual curiosity and motivation.
- Proven ability to build solid, trusting, and credible relationships
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong analytical and software skills
- Keen aptitude in problem-solving
- Self-motivated but know when to seek further guidance
- Detail-oriented and laser-focused on supporting internal processes & systems
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Can-do attitude with enthusiasm and passion for helping others
Benefits and Perks
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every 6 months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock option packages
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.