SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 17,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies, scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
SimplyInsured is looking for a dynamic, experienced Training Manager to oversee the training and development of our support team and the 101 training for our new employees about insurance and SimplyInsured. We see this person responsible for leading a training team and will have ownership of all aspects of training our support and operations team members. This role will include consulting with internal stakeholders, training team development and coaching, completion tracking, and result assessments.
This person will report to our Vice President of Operations and be expected to quickly develop an understanding of our operations organization and the insurance industry. As a part of the role, this person will need to be comfortable running training for audiences of all tenures and levels and be expected to coach and develop their team.
- Partner with our support center and revenue operation leaders to execute a training schedule that aligns with our business objectives
- Manage and coach a team of training, content and development associates
- Oversee the delivery of and managing all training programs
- Work in tandem with operations managers to ensure alignment of training programs with ongoing coaching and quality assurance effort for the site
- Build strong partnerships and collaboration with peer training leads to enable consistency in training programs across sites
- Oversee training impact measurement, reporting, and trend analysis and consult with stakeholders based on the results
Your skills include
- One year of management experience
- Three years of instructional design experience
- Experience with providing training in a virtual environment
- Understanding of instructional design methodologies
- Ability to evaluate learning data to illustrate meaningful performance trends and identify opportunity areas for learning improvement
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, leadership, and autonomous drive
- Proven ability to lead and coach a training team
- Articulate, persuasive communicator across multiple organizational levels
- Savvy, quick thinking, and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Goal-oriented self-starter and able to flex to changing business needs and priorities
- Ability to analyze data to identify solutions
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience with Google Cloud G Suite, including Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms preferred
- Innovative problem-solver drawn to taking a solution-based collaborative approach with internal partners
Benefits and Perks
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every 6 months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock option packages
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice, with the exception of employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.