SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 16,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
You’ll help us hire, develop, and manage a team of 5-10 small business sales reps. You'll train and empower reps to identify and solve customer problems and eliminate fear from health insurance. You'll be a role model for our company values and our mission. You'll help us dramatically increase conversion on the extremely warm leads we're receiving from our Fortune 500 Partners, and build a vital piece of SimplyInsured's future success. You’ll work with a dynamic team of sales professionals, product experts, and executives to help you excel in your career.
- Run an engaged team of 5-10 sales reps to achieve and exceed weekly/monthly/quarterly targets
- Encourage and empower your team to perform to their full potential. Build a world-class consultative sales team by investing in and developing the existing sales team while at the same time attracting top sales talent to SimplyInsured
- Proactively identify bottlenecks in core sales processes and execute business process improvement initiatives to make the sales machine run faster and more smoothly
- Help refine and further develop our strategy: double the conversion of our world-class product with effective sales problem solving
- Use interpersonal skills and direct the team by rolling up your sleeves to embrace the phone, deliver demos, craft and refine messaging
- Use data to inform decision-making and focus areas - ranging from AE skill development (e.g. coaching conversations, email campaign usage) to team initiatives (e.g. staffing to seasonality, piloting new activities). Track, measure and report out on sales effectiveness against targets and adjust programs and strategies as necessary
- Partner with cross-functional teams to refine lead targeting, messaging, lead qualification, and opportunity handoff
- Build a culture of fun and excellence within the team. Cultivate each individual’s skill set development and guide career pathing as they grow within the organization
- Collaborate with our Product and Customer Support teams to create amazing experiences for new SimplyInsured customers
- Ensure the effective use of Salesforce.com and other tools
Your Skills Include
- 4-6 years of experience in operations + sales, preferably in SaaS-based products and/or services
- At least 2 years of shown quota-carrying experience as an individual producer
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Consistent track record of establishing and exceeding measurable goals
- Experience with start-up environments and SMB SaaS sales models
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound and outbound SaaS sales methodologies
- A passion to pick up the phones and coach reps on consultative sales, qualification, and objection handling
- Ability to interact effectively with multiple teams: excellent social and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Salesforce.com experience required
Benefits and Perks
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every 6 months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation, with a clear career progression ladder based on metrics & licensing
- Generous stock option packages
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.