SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from buying health insurance. We work with small business owners working to provide health benefits for their employees and their families. With over 7,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit QuickBooks and Square, we're growing rapidly and disrupting a convoluted and confusing industry by making it more transparent and accessible.
Our leadership team has founded companies; scaled successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; worked in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulted at Bain, McKinsey and Deloitte; and invested venture capital. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top tier investors at Polaris Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and the obligation to dissent. Every opinion is respected, we hold each other to extremely high standards, we're driven by the diversity of our backgrounds and our complete alignment on our mission.
About the Role
You’ll help small businesses choose their health plan and onboard with SimplyInsured. You'll develop deep customer centric sales skills while helping us reach and serve more customers. You’ll work with a dynamic team of sales professionals, product experts, and leadership to help you excel in your career.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Make a high volume of outbound calls and emails to small businesses who have expressed interest in SimplyInsured
- Engage businesses at different points in the sales process: discovery, decision, and onboarding
- Help customers choose the health plan that is best for their business
- Help customers understand the power of connecting SimplyInsured to their existing payroll and benefits
- Develop customer empathy and product expertise
- Exercise and master advisory selling of solutions for small businesses
- Participate in community and career development opportunities at SimplyInsured
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- A commitment to solving customer problems and eliminating fear from health insurance
- Excellent communication skills both via phone and email/chat
- Motivated by challenge and adaptable to change
- 1-4 years experience with sales, customer service, or customer success
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent sales experience
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, with a clear career progression ladder based on metrics & licensing
- Lunch and Dinner every day (along with snacks and drinks)
- Offsite retreats every 100 days - we have the ability and drive to iterate quickly and this helps us all stay on the same page and develop new ideas
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
- This role is currently remote due to COVID-19. Candidates would be set up with a home office until it is safe to return to our office location.