SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 15,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds, and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will be a critical member of the Revenue Operations team which is responsible for shepherding small business applications for health, dental, and vision insurance through the approval process with our insurance carrier partners. As Revenue Operations Specialist, you will prepare and submit customer applications to insurance carriers for approval. You will be responsible for completing or gathering the required forms, ensuring application packet completeness and accuracy, verifying proper formatting, and submitting the application using the carrier-specified channel. You will also conduct administrative tasks that support the submissions process. This role requires productive collaboration with other members of the team who 1) receive the applications and route them through our process, and 2) interact with carriers to resolve friction or exceptions in the process.
As a submissions expert, you will also be expected to identify opportunities to improve our internal processes and identify opportunities for gaining efficiencies with our carrier processes. You'll have unique insight and access into submissions issues and you'll be empowered through data analytics to propose process improvements or product enhancements to improve the customer enrollment experience.
Your goals are to achieve a high conversion rate of submitted applications and drive high throughput of submissions. As a member of the Revenue Operations team, you will be responsible for growing the company’s revenue from new business as well as increasing the number of small business groups and employees purchasing insurance through SimplyInsured.
WHO WOULD BE A GOOD FIT?
- 1-2 years of experience in customer support, sales, or administrative role
- Passion for helping people - especially when it comes to their health
- Highly productive in completing a high volume of tasks
- Problem solving skills to navigate complicated issues
- High attention to detail and orientation toward building repeatable processes
- Experience with CRM and/or salesforce automation systems preferred
- Acumen at dealing with websites and online transaction systems similar to carrier portals
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation on an hourly basis ($15/hr + annual bonus), with a clear career progression ladder based on metrics & licensing
- Generous stock option packages
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every 6 months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation, with a clear career progression ladder based on metrics & licensing
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan for dependants