SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and their families. With more than 7,000 customers and 2 major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted and confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our leadership team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top tier investors at Polaris Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every opinion is respected, we hold each other to extremely high standards, we're driven by the diversity in our backgrounds, and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing the training curriculum for SimplyInsured’s Operations team. This is primarily for the Customer Support teams, to ensure that new support agents receive excellent onboarding training, enabling them to ramp up quickly to deliver the high-quality support experience which delights our customers. Training also includes ongoing training for Level 1 Support reps to learn the skills and knowledge to become Level 2 reps, as well as passing the insurance industry agent licensing exam. Lastly, you will train other new employees in the basics of the health insurance industry, the SimplyInsured product, and the SimplyInsured customer experience lifecycle.
You will be the first dedicated member of the Training & Content team, reporting initially directly to the COO. You will also work closely with the Director of Support, Director of Operations, and Support Operations Manager. This is an opportunity to own the training strategy, develop a world-class training philosophy and corresponding curriculum, and be responsible for training team members. Your first project will be to revamp the existing training program and curriculum to increase content comprehension and retention as well as enhancing the comprehensiveness of the content.
Success for this role will be measured by the speed of ramp-up of new reps to full productivity, the success of existing reps at progressing to Level 2 support and passing the licensing exam, and the CSAT score progression of new agents.
You will be based in Lehi, Utah in the office with the growing core of our support team. This role will require regular travel to company headquarters in San Francisco to collaborate with the Operations, Level 2 Support, Revenue Operations, Product, and Engineering teams.
WHO WOULD BE A GOOD FIT?
- Undergraduate degree in any relevant field (STEM, business, economics)
- 5+ years of experience in training roles in technology companies
- Skilled in innovative training techniques to drive comprehension and retention
- Experience designing training curriculums for operations and support teams
- Strong written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Skilled with word processing and presentation tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Google Slides, Prezi)
- Familiarity with CRM and support ticketing tools is preferred
- Problem-solving skills to navigate complicated issues
- High attention to detail and orientation toward building repeatable processes
- Prior experience health insurance or a regulated industry (e.g. finance, insurance, real estate) is a plus
- Passion for helping people - especially when it comes to their health
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation and generous stock option packages
- Lunch and Dinner every day (along with snacks and drinks)
- Offsite retreats every 6 months - we have the ability and drive to iterate quickly and this helps us all stay on the same page and develop new ideas
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success