SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and their families. With more than 6,000 customers and 2 major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted and confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our leadership are MIT alums that have previously founded companies, worked in VC/private equity investing, and top tier management consulting firms. We got our start at YC, and have been funded by top tier investors at Polaris, Bessemer, and Altair.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every opinion is respected, we hold each other to extremely high standards, we're driven by the diversity in our backgrounds, and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE
SimplyInsured is seeking a Strategic Partnership Manager to build relationships with our current Fortune 500 partners, Square and Intuit. These partnerships are incredibly important to our growth as a company as they give us direct access to hundreds of thousands of small businesses within the United States that are in need of strong health insurance coverage for themselves and their employees. We're looking for a leader that has strong relationship building and management skills. Our goal is to make our partners extremely happy and heard, while setting realistic expectations about our capacity and product roadmap. This is a cross-functional role working directly with our CEO, COO, and Head of Engineering and Product to identify what our partners want and need and advocating to get these features prioritized.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Lead customized complex negotiation with our strategic partners
- Provide a strategic perspective to product and engineering teams, delivering critical business insights and launching initiatives that support the SimplyInsured strategy
- Ability to represent partners internally and SimplyInsured externally in ongoing strategic discussions with partners such as Square, Walmart and other top tier partners
- Work cross-functionally with the product and engineering teams to define product priorities and roadmap; work with the marketing team to define partner marketing initiatives.
- Enable partner deal support, cross functional planning, relationship management, and analytical insights
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and collaborate with all levels of management internally and externally to strengthen partnerships and maximize benefit for SimplyInsured and its partners
- Develop new business opportunities with existing partners, independently managing the negotiation process from exploration, discussion, term sheet, contract, execution, and launch.
- Manage executive-level contacts with key partners, including QBRs and CEO/COO level meetings
- Develop strategies and business plans with partners and execute against metrics and milestones to drive user growth and revenue
WHO WOULD BE A GOOD FIT?
- 4+ years of experience in partner management, business development, product management, or management consulting driving user and revenue growth via partnerships.
- Experience building and sustaining partnerships with Fortune 500 companies that typically have a lot of power in deal architecture.
- Ability to review and analyze complex contracts and familiarity with standard deal structures.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills and ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete plans
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, comfort with ambiguity, and excellent interpersonal skills with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of humor
- Highly analytical with the ability to consume, process and transform large amounts of information into actionable insights
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive and transparent salaries (we share all salary data with internal employees)
- Generous stock option packages
- Lunch and Dinner every day (along with snacks and drinks)
- Offsite retreats every 100 days - we have the ability and drive to iterate quickly and this helps us all stay on the same page and develop new ideas
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success