In the old days, traveling salespeople hit the road with only a suitcase and a smile. And as times—and technology—have changed, Showpad has emerged as the industry-leading solution for modern selling that improves those classic tools of the trade.
In our case, the suitcase is more than a decade of expertise building the premier revenue enablement platform, one that continues to influence the direction in which the industry is evolving. And the smile? Well, that’s the people oriented culture that surrounds everything we do.
We bring in great individuals, but we always play as a team. We’ll enable you to grow like never before, and we’ll grow with you, too. We are a European-born company with a global impact, but we like to keep things simple.
We are passionate and bold as well as humble and authentic. We empower each team member to be their true selves. We take ownership, and we also take vacations.
And although we value constant improvement and frequent platform updates, we try not to deploy on Fridays.
That’s why Showpad does more than drive impactful buying experiences. We take serious care of our people, but never take ourselves too seriously.
About the position
We are seeking a Global Account Manager to bring hyper growth to a selected portfolio of our most important and strategic customer accounts.
Key aspects of the role include
- Achieve annual and quarterly revenue targets
- Identify up-, cross-sell and expansion opportunities
- Ensure the delivery of a continuous pipeline of qualified opportunities through various prospecting means, including research, networking, cross-selling, cold calling, exhibitions, partnerships etc.
- Provide timely and accurate pipeline forecasts and reporting
- Organise meetings with right stakeholders to pitch Sales Enablement and the strength of the Showpad platform
- Help steer the creation of high quality sales collateral which can be included in customer specific ABM
- Steer and manage a lead generation plan that can be executed and effectively nurtured by your dedicated BDR
- Develop an account plan and chessboard for each of your key account
- Work with clients to promote Showpad’s product capabilities throughout their business, utilising joint events, marketing strategies, community calls etc.
- Negotiate contracts / SLA’s that achieve company objectives
- Effectively use the resources of the organisation to support the sales process
- Indirectly lead an account support team of technical and customer success resources to help achieve your objectives
- Work with internal teams to ensure complete organisational understanding of client needs
- Support the establishment of strong, lasting client relationships
- Identify and report on market trends, competitor activity, customer demand, buying process developments and other relevant market intelligence
Key Performance Indicators
- Revenue forecasted and achieved on a quarterly and annual basis
- Value and quality of leads and opportunities
- Client satisfaction – feedback, contract renewal etc.
- Contribution to overall effectiveness of sales, marketing and service delivery – idea generation, participation with service delivery, effective reporting, commitment to continuous improvement
Experience, Qualifications and Technical Knowledge
- (+)6 year of experience in selling Software solutions
- Proven track record (+ 3 years) of reaching and exceeding sales targets
- Degree standard, strong verbal numerical skills
- Ability to present well
- Experience at selling to C-level
- Proven abilities in negotiation and closing
- Experience in leading and winning RFPs
- Able to demonstrate ownership and setting of own goals, as well as prioritisation
- Proven abilities in account start up and transfer into account and operational management
- Proven ability to work effectively with a team of people with different skill-sets to progress business opportunities – including presales, customer success, PMs, Product Managers and Operational support teams
- Proven ability to support the achievement of organisational and team goals in a cooperative setting, working smoothly with dispersed, international team and management
- German and/or French proficiency
What you can expect from Showpad
We welcome every voice and are committed to building a truly inclusive environment where your differences are not just welcomed, they are celebrated. We’re building a best-in-class experience for our employees and are always identifying opportunities to encourage our team to be their authentic selves. Whether that’s paid parental leave, paid holidays (including Juneteenth and paid time off to vote), paid time off to volunteer at non-profit organizations, personal development opportunities or professional stretch assignments, you can expect Showpad to support you.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other dimensions of identity.