In the old days, travelling salespeople hit the road with only a suitcase and a smile. And as times—and technology—have changed, Showpad has emerged as the industry-leading solution for modern selling that improves those classic tools of the trade.
In our case, the suitcase is more than a decade of expertise building the premier revenue enablement platform, one that continues to influence the direction in which the industry is evolving. And the smile? Well, that’s the people oriented culture that surrounds everything we do.
We bring in great individuals, but we always play as a team. We’ll enable you to grow like never before, and we’ll grow with you, too. We are a European-born company with a global impact, but we like to keep things simple.
We are passionate and bold as well as humble and authentic. We empower each team member to be their true selves. We take ownership, and we also take vacations. And although we value constant improvement and frequent platform updates, we try not to deploy on Fridays.
That’s why Showpad does more than drive impactful buying experiences. We take serious care of our people, but never take ourselves too seriously.
About the Position
As an Accountant at Showpad, you will join a young dynamic team in an international company present in 7 locations. Together with a Junior Accountant and the Accounting Manager, you will be based in Ghent.
As a member of an international finance team, you will have to pay attention to detail and be very accurate. As we believe that working in a team enriches you, you must be a team player and plan/organise the workload together with the team.
As Showpad is a company that is scaling his activities there will be opportunities for you. We look for someone who has problem analysis and problem-solving skills. You will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
Key responsibilities as an Accountant at Showpad
- Take the lead in accounts payable administration
- Cash reconciliation
- Fixed asset management
- Assist the Accounting Manager in the monthly closings and review account/bank reconciliations, accruals prepared by our junior accountants.
- Review and process expense reports + analysis of expenses on a monthly basis
- Prepare weekly payment files
- Prepare VAT & tax declarations
- Work closely with our auditors and tax consultants (especially during year end close)
- Close collaboration with the US team to ensure the consistency of working methods
- Take the lead in improving current processes
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a relevant position
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Previous experience of general accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP (BE GAAP vs IFRS)
- Technical accounting skills (Netsuite, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent English speaking/writing skills
- Dutch proficiency is a plus
- IT minded / affinity
- Problem-solving skills
- Like to work in a great team in a fast-paced organisation
- Eager to learn, willing to have an impact on a company, be more than a bookkeeper
- Take responsibility for the work done
- Hybrid work set-up, at least once a week onsite in Ghent office
What you can expect from Showpad
We welcome every voice and are committed to building a truly inclusive environment where your differences are not just welcomed, they are celebrated. We’re building a best-in-class experience for our employees and are always identifying opportunities to encourage our team to be their authentic selves. Whether that’s paid parental leave, paid holidays (including Juneteenth and paid time off to vote), paid time off to volunteer at non-profit organizations, personal development opportunities or professional stretch assignments, you can expect Showpad to support you.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other dimensions of identity.