At Showpad, we empower others to be at their best. As a business, that means the Showpad sales enablement platform allows revenue teams to engage buyers through industry-leading training and coaching software as well as innovative sales content and engagement solutions. We provide sales and marketing with the software and support they need to enable their teams, drive more revenue and deliver incredible buying experiences.
Founded in 2011 in Belgium, Showpad is a team of more than 400 people working from our headquarters in Ghent and Chicago or regional offices in London, Munich, San Francisco and Wroclaw.
As an employer who understands the importance of diversity, we are committed to proudly representing the various identities of the communities in which we work and the clients that we serve. We have been recognized as a top workplace by Built In Chicago, Built In San Francisco and Inc. Magazine, as a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5000 Europe list and won the award for “Most Sustainable Growth Company” by Deloitte Belgium.
About the Director, Communications position at Showpad
In your role as Director, Communications you will lead our ambitions to become a B2B superbrand through non-traditional, bold amplification endeavors. Storytelling and world class communications will help us with our mission to reach and engage our target audiences worldwide. You will drive awareness and recognition in the market of Showpad as the category leader in the revenue enablement technology. The outcome of your leadership will enhance awareness of our product, our company, and hiring efforts. This role reports directly to the Chief Growth Officer and leads the communication efforts and function at Showpad.
Key Responsibilities as a Director, Communications at Showpad
- Strategy – Lead the development of initiatives that drive forward our corporate identity through unique communication programs, amplification of brand marketing efforts, and as a direct partner to the internal and employer brand, leadership, and marketing teams.
- Grow - Define and build a scalable communication function that expands our market presence through internal and external global initiatives, including ownership of global agencies, training and speaking bureau programs, and other standard operating procedures and foundations including measurement and optimization strategy.
- Lead - Develop and inspire your team as well as cross-functional employees throughout the organization, local and remote, across multiple time zones and cultures. Become an expert in the Showpad voice, positioning, and messaging to drive cohesion and one voice in the market.
- Market – Have a constant pulse on the market to understand the landscape, bring ideas forth to drive impact, lead the strategy and execution for leadership as spokespeople in the community, and build relationships with the media community.
- Partner – Develop relationships and work cross-departmentally with departments inside and outside of Marketing to effectively organize and execute on corporate brand initiatives. Seek partnership opportunities and external relationships with media and the global technology community.
Required Skills for Director, Communications at Showpad
- Experience in global communications and corporate strategy, with a strong preference for expertise with high growth technology companies.
- High level of curiosity and willingness to experiment and build, while also having the ability to support on an operational level to ensure long-term successful implementation of new initiatives.
- Understands the value of inheriting and coaching a team - while scaling an organization in parallel.
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed team, covering both US and several European countries. Understands the cultural differences between regions and acts accordingly, and at all times ensures the team members feel included and belonged.
- Expertise in media relationship management and track record of securing top-tier global placements.
- Ability to manage discrete matters that require the utmost confidentiality and experience collaborating with, and advising executive leadership.
- Excellent writing, communication, and storytelling skills.
- Proficiency in multiple languages a plus.
What you can expect from Showpad
We welcome every voice and are committed to building a truly inclusive environment where your differences are not just welcomed, they are celebrated. We’re building a best-in-class experience for our employees and are always identifying opportunities to encourage our team to be their authentic selves. Whether that’s paid parental leave, paid holidays (including Juneteenth and paid time off to vote), paid time off to volunteer at non-profit organizations, personal development opportunities or professional stretch assignments, you can expect Showpad to support you.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other dimensions of identity.