At Showpad, we empower others to be at their best. As a business, that means the Showpad sales enablement platform allows revenue teams to engage buyers through industry-leading training and coaching software as well as innovative sales content and engagement solutions. We provide sales and marketing with the software and support they need to enable their teams, drive more revenue and deliver incredible buying experiences.
Founded in 2011 in Belgium, Showpad is a team of more than 400 people working from our headquarters in Ghent and Chicago or regional offices in London, Munich, San Francisco and Wroclaw.
As an employer who understands the importance of diversity, we are committed to proudly representing the various identities of the communities in which we work and the clients that we serve. We have been recognized as a top workplace by Built In Chicago, Built In San Francisco and Inc. Magazine, as a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5000 Europe list and won the award for “Most Sustainable Growth Company” by Deloitte Belgium.
About the position
As a Senior Data Engineer at Showpad, you'll shape the future of the Showpad product by developing its data intelligence platform. Showpad is a data-centric company and you will help to develop an ecosystem of services that retrieve, process, enrich, and serve that data. Your choices will help make Showpad the ultimate intelligent sales platform.
Key responsibilities of a Senior Data Engineer at Showpad
- Architect, develop and maintain a data management and exploration platform to be used by data scientists and other engineers
- Create a robust infrastructure for dealing with large amounts of data
- Define ways to measure the quality and consistency of data
- Develop measures to maintain a high level of code quality
- Maintain data in an organized and accessible manner
- Collaborate on projects and coach and learn good practices
- Participate in regular scrums and focus meetings
Required Skills for a Senior Data Engineer at Showpad
- 5+ years of relevant experience in full software development in delivering data pipelines into production
- Deep understanding of Data Warehousing concepts (we are using Kimball methodology)
- Knowledge of Hadoop, especially Spark
- Experience with Cloud Providers, preferably AWS (we are using S3, Aurora RDS, EMR)
- A DevOps mindset
- Experience with JVM OOP language (Scala or Java)
- Experience with scripting language like Python or Bash
- Excellent understanding of quality and how to improve quality processes
- A desire to achieve maximum impact
What you can expect from Showpad
We welcome every voice and are committed to building a truly inclusive environment where your differences are not just welcomed, they are celebrated. We’re building a best-in-class experience for our employees and are always identifying opportunities to encourage our team to be their authentic selves. Whether that’s paid parental leave, paid holidays (including Juneteenth and paid time off to vote), paid time off to volunteer at non-profit organizations, personal development opportunities or professional stretch assignments, you can expect Showpad to support you.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other dimensions of identity.