At Showpad, we empower others to be at their best. As a business, we provide sales and marketing with the software and support they need to enable their teams, drive more revenue and deliver incredible buying experiences. As an employer, we provide Showpadders with personal development opportunities, motivate them to make a meaningful impact, and always encourage them to bring their authentic selves to work.
Our culture stems from our values which center on achieving maximum impact and being our authentic selves in all that we do. We make decisions with results in mind, while ensuring we create a workplace environment that fosters global collaboration, diversity and passion. We’re a team of good-natured ass-kickers and have been recognized as a top workplace by Built in Chicago and Inc. Magazine.
Founded in 2011, Showpad is a team of more than 400 people working from our headquarters in Ghent and Chicago or regional offices in London, Munich, San Francisco and Wroclaw.
About the position
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join Showpad’s Developer Experience team. The team’s mission is to deliver the best developer experience to our developer community and partners. Showpad aspires further growth and scale from our APIs, SDK.
Engineering teams at Showpad strive to be highly autonomous and consist of software engineers, QA, a product owner and a designer and have an end to end responsibility to build and maintain the team’s services, from UI to DevSecOps.
Key Responsibilities as a Developer Experience Engineer at Showpad
- Excitement to play an active role in developing public APIs, SDKs, and its tooling to further establish the best developer experience to our developers, customers, and partners.
- A keen eye for architecture, minimizing complexity, and a ‘right tool for the job’ mentality
- Experience working in small high-performing, self-starting teams aligned to non-technical product owners
- Pride in their software craftsmanship and clean code
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in building applications
- Solid understanding of front-end development workflows, and passion for building high-quality tools that make developers happy.
- Backend application and API development experience in Node.js, PHP, Java or Kotlin, within Reactive or MVC frameworks such as Symfony, Laravel, Spring, VertX or ExpressJS
- Deep understanding of REST, authentication concepts like OAuth2, JWT Tokens or signing requests - software security overall.
- Cloud-native development experience is beneficial (AWS or Kubernetes and Docker)
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Test Driven Development is a strong plus
- Active contributor on Gitlab, GitHub, StackOverflow.
- Experience writing tools or with CLI tools, to improve developer experience internally or in the Open Source community.
What you can expect from Showpad
Our culture is centered on our values: be humble, take ownership, be passionate, be transparent, keep it simple and grow together. Global collaboration is in our DNA and we're committed to immersing ourselves in a truly diverse environment where differences are not only welcomed, but valued.