At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the position
As a Data Engineer, you will shape the future of the Showpad product by developing its data intelligence platform. Showpad is a data centric company and you will help to develop an ecosystem of services that retrieve, process, enrich and serve that data. Your decisions will help make Showpad the ultimate intelligent sales platform.
Key responsibilities as a data engineer at Showpad
A Data Engineer contributes to the data intelligence platform. You will need to:
- Architect, develop and maintain a data management and exploration platform to be used by data scientists and other engineers
- Build out a robust infrastructure for dealing with large amounts of data
- Work closely with data scientists and other engineers to design and maintain scalable data models and pipelines
- Define ways to measure the quality and consistency of data
- Define measures to keep up a high level of code quality
- Be passionate about data and keeping it organised and accessible
- Team up on projects and coach and learn good practices
- Having regular scrums and focus meetings
- Having lots of fun with your passionate engineers
Skills & Qualification we are looking for
If you have Data Engineer skills, and can prove it, we’ll tailor a role just for you. We are looking for:
- 3 years of relevant experience in software development Experience in bringing and improving big data pipeline into production Understanding of big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Airflow, Luigi, Kafka, Cassandra...
- Highly skilled in at least one of : Java, Golang, Kotlin or Python
- Quick learner
- A love for Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with (REST) API development
- A great understanding of quality and how to improve quality processes
- Passion for life
- Someone that wants to have a maximum impact
- Willingness to travel occasionally to Belgium.
What we prefer
- Experience in an enterprise software or SaaS company is a plus
- Familiarity with IAAS (AWS, Azure…)
What you can expect from Showpad
Focus on Impact and Growth
We are building the future in sales and marketing where every salesperson is successful. As an international scale-up we aim for yearly double digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced and performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment and focus on impact and growth.