At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the position
We're looking for a Director of Product Design to lead our talented global design team. In this role, you will drive the product design vision for all our product lines and be responsible for making sure we have the team, processes and strategy in place for building a world class, delightful user experience for our users.
You'll manage and mentor a small team of designers in multiple global locations. You'll champion visually appealing yet incredibly powerful functional design that allows us to build products that are extremely intuitive to use even in complex business environments. You'll also enjoy getting your hands dirty leading projects and pushing pixels to help inspire your team.
In this role you will report to the VP of Product. This is a global role and can be located in San Francisco, London, Chicago or Ghent (Belgium).
Due to the distributed, global nature of the product design team, this role requires flexibility in working hours to allow collaboration across multiple time zones and periodic travel to the global Showpad offices.
Key responsibilities as a Director of product design at Showpad
- Lead, hire and mentor the product design team as we grow quickly.
- Own the end-to-end design process of the team to drive high-velocity high-quality product design.
- Build a strong user/customer research program to validate problems and solutions.
- Be an advocate for breathtaking and elegant experiences. Promote new, modern design standards, patterns.
- Lead design team reviews. Champion great UX in the face of technical constraints
- Work collaboratively with product managers and engineering to realize your vision
- Deliver a constant focus on improvement. Leverage metrics, user testing, innovative design-thinking to guide your leading design decisions.
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
- 8-10 years of designing consumer, enterprise and/or mobile user experiences. Experience with B2B SaaS products will be a strong plus.
- A track record of leading and inspiring design teams.
- Experience setting up user research programs and testing methodologies that drive design decisions.
- A commitment to brilliant experiences and top quality design
- The ability to draft a product design vision and communicate it effectively across the organization
- Ability to go up-down-across. You will set and deliver the product design vision, align teams on common standards and patterns, but also get into the details to be passionate about the pixel-perfect outcomes.
- An online portfolio which demonstrates your results, your process, and way of thinking about user experience and product design
What you can expect from Showpad
Focus on Impact and Growth
We are building the future in sales and marketing where every salesperson is successful. As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly double digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment, and focus on impact and growth.