Showmax is building out its privacy program and wishes to appoint a Data Privacy Officer (“DPO”) to define and fully implement our GDPR roadmap and partner with relevant counterparts to ensure that strong privacy-by-design processes are built into our online video streaming services worldwide. The role will be overseeing European Data Protection, report directly to the Showmax General Counsel and will be based in one of our European offices (Warsaw or Prague). We would also consider candidates for our HQ in Amsterdam.
As a DPO, you will serve as the primary public and internal interface on privacy for Showmax, be an intellectually curious “techie”, thrive in environments that rely heavily on collaboration to get things done and be a passionate, persuasive advocate for privacy and data protection.
We’re looking for a DPO Lead who can tick the following boxes:
- Self-motivated and collaborative privacy professional with expertise in European data protection law
- 5+ years experience in a dedicated privacy leadership role where mastery of global privacy laws and best practices was used to influence an organisational culture
- Experience in a technical internet/mobile product-driven environment, and/or media and video entertainment (preferably both)
- Prepared on day 1 to advise on big data applications, including personalisation and recommendation engines across multiple jurisdictions
- Available to travel worldwide
- Strong communications skills, fluent in English (and one additional language: Czech, Polish or Dutch preferred)
- Preferably licensed attorney, law degree or significant legal training a plus
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) accreditation(s) from the IAPP
- Specialisation in online content delivery, platforms, big data and personalisation engines a plus
Showmax is a Naspers company, launched in South Africa in August 2015 with the largest SVOD catalogue in Africa and with more than 20 000 TV show episodes and movies. It is now available in 70+ countries, including a strong presence in Sub-Saharan Africa and Poland, and looking at expanding further into new territories.
Naspers is a multinational, global platform operator with principal operations in internet services focusing on e-commerce, pay-TV and print media. The Company’s assets are spread across Eastern and Central Europe, China, Russia, Latin America, India, South East Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Naspers also has minority interests in two listed, integrated social network platforms: Tencent (China) and Mail.ru (Russia). Naspers has revenues of circa $6.2 billion and current market capitalisation of circa $65 billion.