What you’ll be doing:
- Implementing new functionality on back-end services of the platform. Those are primarily microservices in Ruby, serving various parts of our RESTful API
- Integrating with 3rd party APIs, e.g. new payment providers
- Writing tests for the new functionality, undertaking code reviews
- Deploying your code to staging and production
- Ensuring your code performs optimally
- Working on in-house tools. Some of the services are used for supporting the company, like web consoles, some for dev needs such as roll out server, translation center, etc.
Join us if you have:
- A strong sense of personal responsibility for your work and the impact it has on the overall product
- Deep experience with at least one programming language, such as C/C++, Java, SmallTalk etc.
- Object-oriented analysis/design mindset
- Experience with developing web services
- Ideally, you already know Ruby, but if you are willing to learn it, we can still make this work
- Are fluent enough in English to be able to talk/write confidently on a daily basis
What we offer:
Showmax is a young company. You’ll be joining the team in the beginning stages when you’re still able to grasp the whole codebase. At the same time, we’re backed by Naspers, one of the largest technology investors in the world.
- Continuous integration/delivery. Test automation, immediate deploys in your own competence. Instant view of the impact of your work on the product.
- The engineering team has a great position within the company – we influence and steer, not just implement
- Open culture. Want to contribute to analytics, ops? Feel free.
- Our bureaucratic overhead is close to zero.
- Plus all the stuff like an ergonomic workplace, hardware of your choice, a budget for conferences, books, friendly atmosphere, knowledge sharing…
- Flexible working hours and work from home – 2 days per week.
- Meal vouchers, 5 weeks of vacation.
- Beroun is 20 minutes by public transport from Prague and the bus station is right by the office. Employees have guaranteed free parking inside the office building and there are over 10 restaurants within walking distance (Black Dog, veggie/vegan restaurants…)
- Prague office is right next to metro station Nove Butovice with good restaurants within walking distance as well as a big shopping center.