Showmax is looking for a Head of Digital Marketing – Africa, to oversee Showmax digital marketing strategy; this entails developing, implementing, tracking and optimising acquisition marketing and customer retention campaigns across all digital channels.
The Head of Digital Marketing will be responsible for optimising our digital marketing effectiveness, reporting to the Head of Africa, in close collaboration with the brand, partnership and CRM functional areas. This involves effective marketing campaign execution in all digital channels across search, social, display and video advertising. The Head of Digital Marketing should demonstrate superior technical expertise and organisational capabilities in project and campaign management, market research, communications evaluation, data modelling, relationship skills, and commercial awareness.
- Develop the integrated digital marketing strategy that supports the achievement of the business’ acquisition and retention targets, describing how each digital channel (paid and unpaid search, paid and unpaid social, display, video) should contribute
- Develop the digital marketing strategy that supports the achievement of the business’ acquisition and retention targets
- Define the contribution of each individual digital channel (paid and non paid; search, social, display, video…) as well as cross channel initiatives that allow to maximise results
- Based on a deep understanding and knowledge of the market, developed via extensive analysis of market trends, segments, specificities
- Ensure the efficient implementation of the defined strategy. Employ a strong data-driven mindset by setting up relevant KPIs, constantly tracking their performance against targets and benchmarks and using them efficiently to optimise initiatives and results
- Head up a team with 3-4 channel managers for the key digital channels and support them in effectively executing strategies and initiatives, prioritising and optimising the performance of each channel
- Collaborate closely with the acquisition head and team to coordinate campaigns across offline and online channels, optimise the creatives for digital channels while keeping the brand in line with other channels, etc.
- Collaborate closely with the retention head and team to run remarketing campaigns and campaigns to improve engagement
- Collaborate closely with the analytics team to have the relevant data at the disposal of the digital marketing team, develop insights on the effectiveness of the different (parts of) campaigns, set up basic attribution modeling, as well as providing the right insights and reports to management
Employ a strong data-driven mindset, by setting up relevant KPIs and tracking and optimising these
- Develop new hypotheses to further optimise the digital campaigns, and run experiments to test new approaches and judge them based on quantitative results
- Keep up to date with the industry to identify new tools within existing channels or new channels that can further support growth and retention
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- Strategic, analytical and creative thinking skills
- People management experience
- Minimum of 7 years experience in digital marketing, ideally in an e-commerce / online activity
- Experience in leading, managing and optimising performance marketing campaigns (incl. Google Adwords, Facebook) and SEO/SEM
- Experience in leading and managing social media, email, display and video advertising campaigns as well as retargeting campaigns , Experience in optimising landing pages and user funnels, with a detailed understanding of multi channel tracking and attribution tools and methodologies and with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Strong analytical skills, data-driven thinking, proofreading/editing and copywriting skills
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement