The Smarter Way to Shop for Style
ShopStyle Engineering Group is searching for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join a growing team of talented engineers based in San Francisco. We need someone who is technically strong, energetic, organized, highly collaborative and passionate about our product and our customers.
Our flagship product is the ShopStyle site. It is a frontend to a powerful search engine designed for clothing, home and lifestyle products. We maintain a catalog of over 20 million products and seek to enhance the shopping experience for our members. We have features such as cash back, personalized feeds, natural language processing, search & ranking algorithms and analytics driven by big data.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Web team, you will focus on improving the experience of our members on our desktop site. ShopStyle's desktop site is built using Angular 8+ and Node.js. Our REST APIs are Java, search is powered by Elasticsearch, and all of it is hosted on AWS. We are on the cutting edge of web technologies, giving you the opportunity to research and integrate new tools while building innovative products.
Our philosophy of bringing the very best to our customers extends to our employees, who are the driving force behind our vision. With offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Wisconsin, and London, we are passionate about our culture and are always seeking talented, creative individuals to help us change the way people shop. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Improve our Angular site which is used by hundreds of thousands of users every day
- Work closely with Product Managers and UX Designers on requirements and details, with a keen eye towards quality and performance
- Work with backend teams to develop robust end to end features
- Make others better through mentoring and promoting a collaborative team culture
- Masters / Bachelors in CS or Equivalent.
- Experience with Angular in a production environment
- 8+ years development experience.
- Nice to have: Experience with SEO.
- Nice to have: Experience with Server side rendering with Angular
Our interview process starts with a phone or video call followed by a round of interviews with engineers on the team as well as potentially meeting with product managers, designers or engineers from other teams.
Employment eligibility to work with Rakuten and its brands in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.