ShopStyle Collective is looking for a product design leader to join the team.
Our ShopStyle Collective team is looking for an experienced Head of Product Design (UX/UI) to help build tools for content creators and influencers. This role will be based in both the San Mateo and San Francisco offices, and report to the Head of Product for ShopStyle Collective.
We are looking for a smart, intuitive, empathetic, energetic, friendly, and fun person who can put on a professional game face for our users and partners.
What’s a Head of Product Design (UX/UI) at ShopStyle Collective?
Working as part of the product management (and larger development) group, this position will lead the user experience design discipline at ShopStyle Collective. We are a small, nimble team that acts like a start-up within a larger ecosystem--so this will be a hands-on position with increasing leadership responsibilities as the team grows.
We strive to create beautiful, intuitive products that our users love and can’t live without. You will interact with influencers to understand their needs and desires, drive the interaction (and visual) design, build prototypes and gather feedback, and work with the engineering team to see your vision turned into a reality.
By combining long-term vision and short-term execution, ShopStyle Collective is set to shake up the world of influencers and content creators, how they build their own brands, and work closely with retail partners--and you can be a big part of that success.
- Work closely with product and engineering to create and align on a bold, inspiring vision that supports our users’ needs and delivers on the value of business goals.
- Be a major advocate for both qualitative and quantitative data research and leverage it to create designs optimized for influencers (our users) and their audience, as well as create new experiences.
- Ensure smooth, collaborative partnerships between design, product, and engineering at all levels--while getting buy-in from across teams including account management and marketing for key product and feature design.
- Ensure that the design output maintains the highest standard of quality and thoughtfulness.
- Translate conceptual ideas into compelling experiences and dynamic visual presentations, turning usability findings into design improvements.
- Be hands-on and lead by example.
Required Skills and Experience
You have all of the skills one would expect for a UX design role, with at least 5 years experience designing complex web application products. Experience working with enterprise SaaS in a B2B2C environment is a strong plus. In addition, you have a mix of creativity, strong design sense, user empathy, and attention to detail. While visual design skills are a bonus, outstanding interaction design and prototyping skills are a must.
You thrive working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You can handle multiple projects simultaneously and know when to push for optimal designs and when to accept practical compromises. You handle constructive feedback well.
And of course, chemistry is everything. You can't put a price on resonance with the team culturally. It's a special position for a special person. Bring your best.
- Be technically curious, creative, analytical, organized, a leader, and an excellent collaborator.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- 5+ years of relevant experience (preferably at a fast-growing start-up or tech company).
- Superior project management and operational skills with proven successful execution and follow-through.
- Exceptional research, writing, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Extensive experience and interest in influencer marketing, visual content monetization, UGC, fashion technology, e-commerce, fashion, and/or B2B2C would be preferred.
About the Company:
ShopStyle, Inc. (a subsidiary of Rakuten) is made up of two business units.
ShopStyle.com is the world’s leading search engine for fashion offering over 18 million products and 1,400 brands and retailers across the globe in one place. User can discover items, save items for later, and get alerts when those items drop in price. Learn more at ShopStyle.com.
ShopStyle Collective is a monetization platform for fashion content creators. Influencers earn a commission on sales from items linked via the ShopStyle product catalog. Our network of more than 15,000 bloggers, vloggers, Instagrammers and app developers empower fashion-focused shopping across their respective channels. Learn more at ShopStyleCollective.com.