ShopStyle is looking for a Build Release Engineer who will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and constantly improving the build eco-system. The engineering team develops features on shopstyle.com, the Collective influencer platform, mobile apps, as well as several internal sites. Our frontend uses Angular, TypeScript, Node, and Play. Our backend API is Java and Microservices with Spring Boot. All services are hosted on AWS.
ShopStyle is based in San Francisco, San Mateo, Beloit and London offices. This is a great opportunity for someone with interest and expertise in cross-functional collaboration.
ShopStyle is committed to a professional, family-friendly work environment. We share knowledge generously, take collective responsibility, and above all, set each other up for success. We are driven by a passion to create better outcomes, and have the freedom and opportunity to make a difference.
What you’d do:
● Drive QA and production releases for API and FE applications.
● Improve existing build and release processes through continuous integration for complex
software systems involving multi-platform development environments.
● Develop, scale, automate, and improve the infrastructure, software, processes, and
services required to support releases to production
● Manage branching and versioning for multiple concurrent feature and product releases.
● Ensure that software builds happen predictably, consistently, and reliably.
● Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
What we’re looking for:
● 2+ years of experience in DevOps, build engineering, and release automation
● 3+ years of experience in source control management using git, github, bitbucket,
Jenkins (or other CI server), Artifactory, etc.
● Proficiency in one or more scripting languages
● Experience managing and building Linux based distributions and packaging
● Experience working with cloud deployments and database migrations
● Self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience and comfort using Slack
in a professional environment
Nice to haves:
● Strong knowledge of AWS cloud services, EC2, AMI, Elasticbeanstalk
● Experience with deployment management technologies: Docker, Kubernetes etc..
● Experience with Java and Spring.
● Experience with deploying Node and Angular2+ applications
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Sponsorship tag select one!
Employment eligibility to work with Rakuten and it's brands in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Rakuten may choose to consider applicants that require some form of company sponsorship to work in the United States at its sole discretion, based on business needs.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.