ShopStyle Collective's Engineering Group is looking for an experienced Frontend Software Engineer to join a growing team of talented and motivated frontend and backend engineers in our Beloit, WI office.
We are building a platform for fashion and lifestyle influencers powered by ShopStyle, the world's leading fashion search engine. We have web crawlers, data feeds, natural language processing, search & ranking algorithms and analytics driven by big data. To achieve this, our stack is Java/MySQL/Elasticsearch on the back-end, AngularJS/Angular on the front-end, and native iOS and Android for mobile.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be part of a small product development team focused on improving the experience of our customers, developing new features and exploring new technologies that improve our products and processes.
You will be working with tools like AngularJS, Angular 2+, TypeScript, Webpack, VueJS, Java and SQL. ShopStyle is on the cutting edge of web technologies, giving you the opportunity to research and integrate new tools while building innovative products.
If you are passionate about creating amazing applications and looking for growth opportunities, then ShopStyle is the place for you. We are headquartered in San Francisco, and have engineers based in our San Mateo, Beloit and London offices.
● Design and implement features that excite our users and improve our business
● Contribute to weekly product releases, code reviews, with a small and dynamic engineering team
● Learn about new technologies and share your findings with the team
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Passionate, adaptable and self-driven
● Create simple and clean solutions to complex problems
Nice to haves:
● Experience with mobile friendly websites or web app
● Experience with performance optimization
● Full stack experience with Java or C#
● Familiar with Amazon Web Services like CloudFront, Elasticbeanstalk and EC2
ShopStyle part of Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.