ShopStyle is looking for a Senior Manager to join our Web engineering team. The Web team maintains and builds new features on www.shopstyle.com as well as several international sites. We use modern technologies like Angular, TypeScript, Vue, Node, Play, Docker, and AWS. Our engineers are based in our San Francisco and London headquarters.
ShopStyle is committed to a professional, family-friendly work environment. We share knowledge generously, take collective responsibility, and above all, set each other up for success. We are driven by a passion to create better outcomes, and have the freedom and opportunity to make a difference.
What you’d do:
- Support a small team of engineers and hands-on coding managers
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams on strategy, planning and execution
- Mentor and discuss strategy, architecture and technical tradeoffs with engineers
- Foster a positive and growth-focused environment
What we’re looking for:
- Experience managing, mentoring or training other software engineers
- Hands-on coding experience with a modern front-end framework like React, Angular, Vue, or Node
- Ability to communicate across multi-disciplinary teams
- Comfort level managing projects and deadlines
- Highly motivation to learn and improve
Nice to haves:
- Experience using analytics platforms
- Experience using project management tools like Jira.
Our interview process starts with a phone or video call followed by a round of interviews with engineers on the team as well as potentially meeting with product managers, designers or engineers from other teams.
See what it's like working at our Crimson House West campus in San Mateo, CA!
Employment eligibility to work with Rakuten and it's brands in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.