As a Quality Engineer, you will be working on a product squad to develop new features and enhancements for our product. The ideal candidate will be experienced in planning, developing, and executing comprehensive automated tests. As a member of the QE team, you will work closely with the development, PM, and support teams to understand the application’s features and architecture to develop test cases to ensure that the application’s UI / API / Data layers are thoroughly tested before releasing into production.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Become an SME of the application and utilize that knowledge to own and drive end-to-end testing initiatives throughout the entire SDLC from project test planning, requirement review, test design, test execution, test reporting, and sign off.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable automated test cases using in house automation framework libraries to achieve highest possible test automation coverage.
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers and product owners to release highest quality products
- Build, maintain, and troubleshoot automated test execution environments/pipelines
- Suggest and contribute new features/changes, optimization, and improvements to the central framework library and tools.
- Work with QA team members to achieve upstream/downstream integration testing
We Are Looking For You If You Have:
- 3+ years of experience in QA/Software Testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience owning the QA testing strategy for an application
- An understanding of different testing types – regression testing, ad hoc testing, integration testing, performance testing, etc.
- Strong automation skills in automating backend testing such as api/messaging/data quality checks– preferably TypeScript
- Solid understanding of Web/UI testing using various tools such as Cypress, Selenium, playwright etc.
- Strong experience in SQL and database technologies
- The ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong understanding of CI/CD best practices to run automated test executions pipelines.
- Experience working with applications running on AWS
Shopmonkey has become an amazing environment where employees feel that they are valued as people, and not just worker bees. To ensure that our team thrives, we invest in the following perks:
🏡 Fully Remote Work!
- $1,000 to set up your home office
- Phone/internet monthly reimbursements
- Virtual lunch & learns, classes, committees and activities
- Laptop and super rad swag provided
- Unique opportunity: This is the best form of hybrid! All teams get to travel and meet up multiple times a year for collaboration. Shopmonkey also hosts an annual company-wide get together we call Rally
💪🏼 Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available from day 1
- Short term and long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- $30 monthly home fitness or gym reimbursements
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) available upon hire
✈️ Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 scheduled holidays
- 1 floating holiday to observe what is important to you!
- Flexible Time Off - Take the time off you need!
🥰 Giving Back
- Matching donations for approved charitable organizations
- Group volunteer efforts during work time
🌟 Personal & Professional Development
- Active Culture and DEIB co-creation committees that host quarterly events
- Career development opportunities