As Engineering Lead, you will be leading, inspiring, and helping your team grow. We are looking for a creative problem solver who will actively engage with stakeholders to translate long term goals into short term product iterations. Our ideal candidate has experience running a multi-discipline team of engineering professionals with the ability to motivate and build a high performing team. In this role, you will split your time between hands-on technical work and people management for a small team of engineers. The predominant focus at this level is mentorship, technical planning, resource allocation, project delivery, and as technical advisors to product and design and other organizational work. You will be expected to perform hands-on technical work at least 70% of your time and are expected to be writing and reviewing code with your team.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Provide technical leadership to the team through coaching and mentorship
- Provide technical direction to the team and escalate/involve others where necessary
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers to ensure the team has a clear direction and priorities, and the status of those priorities are clearly communicated
- Develop a culture of excellence, with a focus on execution, quality, and scale at the team level
- Help develop and drive effective engineering practices and processes in their team and influence these practice across all teams (e.g. code reviews)
- Manage effective team processes to drive success
- Provide deployment oversight for released items delivered by team
- Help prevent, and investigate production issues for the services owned
- Own, operate, and maintain your team's services to ensure quality, scale and customer satisfaction
- Measure and report on the success of the team and the services owned to other stakeholders
- Turn complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans
- Participate in hiring, recruiting, and onboarding new department members
- Measure & represent the overall health of the team to Manager
- Manage careers and performance of direct reports through ongoing 1:1s
- Continuous team member development through continuous feedback, building upon strengths, and creating/facilitating growth opportunities
- Operate in a fast-moving environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Collaborate effectively with other Engineering Leads and other senior Engineering, Product and Design leaders
About the Industry
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a venture-funded, cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.