Today’s economy requires business owners to adapt quickly and think on their feet. ShopKeep’s software-first commerce solutions make that possible.
Our cloud-based point of sale, payment processing, flexible hardware, and business-friendly financing let owners start, run, and grow their businesses in person and online. They can manage inventory, optimize staffing, streamline their operations, and market to their customers from one intuitive dashboard.
We understand what it’s like to run a business, because we’ve been helping business owners succeed for over a decade, and we share their mindset. ShopKeep, after all, is also a small business, born to give our peers the tools they need to dream big, fight smart, and succeed on their own terms.
Today that mission is more relevant than ever, driven by team members around the world. ShopKeep is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Portland, Chicago, and Belfast. We’re innovators, technologists, and customer advocates who are obsessed with helping independent businesses survive and thrive.
About This Role
We are looking for a Contract Technical Recruiter to help us grow our Technology and Product Organizations. You will collaborate with Technology and Product Leadership on building a technical recruiting experience, sourcing, screening and facilitating candidates through the full interview process. You will be tasked with attracting candidates using various sources, like social media networks and employee referrals. Our ideal recruiter has extensive understanding of Technology and Product verticals and can speak the tech lingo. You believe that you are the gatekeeper and will only provide our team with the most qualified candidates.
Ultimately, you are to ensure our company attracts, hires and retains the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline.
What You Will Do
- Manage full cycle recruiting for multiple, complex searches, creating innovative sourcing strategies and engagement to bring the best Engineering and Product talent to ShopKeep
- Help develop and execute fully comprehensive sourcing plans, analyzing requirements to determine target profile needs and matches
- Participate in meetings with hiring managers to determine vacant tech-related positions and the preferred attributes for potential hires
- Collaborate closely with Hiring Managers throughout the recruiting process to ensure we meet their hiring needs and goals
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with management and key cross-functional stakeholders internally (e.g. Engineering, Product, Marketing, Finance & People Ops)
- Leverage and maintain data reports and performance metrics to drive improvements as needed
- Drive offer process, partnering with hiring managers and People Ops.
- Learn multiple parts of the organization, and be able to make decisions and prioritize on behalf of the hiring teams
- Actively work toward building a diverse and qualified tech team to support the organization
- Using standardized screening techniques, Assess the skills, qualifications and experience of hopeful candidates
- Conduct preliminary interviews with recruits to gauge interest, personality and salary requirements
- Provide feedback to management about details regarding applications
- Ensure proper on-boarding for new hires and the necessary paperwork is completed promptly and accurately
What You Need
- 7+ years of Technical recruiting experience in the fast paced StartUp environment
- Experience recruiting Talent in the Global organization
- Professional Human Resources certification strongly preferred
- Previous experience interviewing and assessing potential hired for technology positions and assisting with onboarding processes
- Experience in the continual development of talent pipelines and sourcing potential candidates
- Firm understanding and implementation of recruiting metrics to drive decision-making is strongly preferred
- Previous experience developing and executing recruiting marketing and branding strategies
- Experience working with a diverse team and striving for fairness in hiring all races, genders and ages
- A positive, can-do attitude; you come into work ready to exceed expectations and conquer the day
- A willingness to learn and constantly improve. You are not satisfied with 100% and are always looking for ways to meet the next challenge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We provide the essentials...
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Commuter Benefits
- 401k Match
...and the fun-damentals:
- Lively and enriching culture
- Regular team events, including Happy Hours and Game Nights
- Catered lunches
- Meditation Sessions
- And more to come as we work on ideas to help us keep the community feel connected while working remote
ShopKeep is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We don't discriminate based on gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, nationality, or any other individual characteristics. We practice equality of opportunity in employment and select the best person for the job.