As a Fleet Supervisor, you will be reporting to the hub lead on a daily basis while performing day-to-day operations. You will start the day by delegating tasks to your teammates, unloading items and proceeding to oversee sorting operations. You will be responsible to coordinate the drivers and route them to their specific locations while monitoring their delivery status. You will also be the PIC to manage customer complaints, problematic parcels or manpower issues. You will also need to provide daily reports to the management on the performance of your hub. To be a successful Fleet Supervisor, you will need to think on your feet and provide quick solutions during times of need.
- Delegate tasks for sorters & drivers depending on number of headcounts
- Receive and inbound parcels from linehaul team
- Coordinate and schedule daily activities with drivers to ensure all delivery activities are carried out in a timely manner
- Monitor driver behaviour and ensure a high level of customer service
- Assist the fleet team lead in deployment and training of new drivers where applicable
- Monitor and report KPI compliance
- Ensure the compliance of safety policies and standard operations procedures for in-hub parcel collection
- Diploma/Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or relevant disciplines is advantageous
- Willing to work in a rational shift basis depending on business needs.
- Experience in logistics operations would be an advantage
- Familiarity with postcodes/routing/mapping would be of good use
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations
- Fast learner, comfortable with fast-pace environment