The Design team plays an important role in Shopee Singapore. The team covers the entire range of product UI/UX design, including the user-growth, promotion, wallet and payment, checkout, retention, listings and users, search and recommendation etc. The team is also responsible for the branding visual identities and elements of Shopee, including logos, mascots, stickers, and internal physical products. As Shopee continues to grow and expand, we are looking to bring onboard more talented Lead UI/UX Designers to join us in expanding our Design team along with the business.
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product line from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers, business and local teams across different countries.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products.
- Contribute to business and product strategic decisions.
- Design end-to-end flow and experiences that are simple and elegant for our supported products
- Define, craft and evolve designs within design systems and /or standards
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality, while also taking on mentorship
- Cultivate a healthy design process for the team, and be a key contributor to your org's product strategy.
- Lead a team of designers and effectively communicate your team's product goals (both within the team and outside the team) to connect related projects across the company so that problems or joint decisions can be resolved quickly.
- Guide, mentor and manage a design team that delivers project requirements timely and is well-balanced across the different design skill sets.
- Responsible for the overall performance management, resource allocation, project prioritisation for the design team and for building a culture of design excellence
- Well-versed in English (Spoken and written)
- Proficiency in a 2nd language (optional) to facilitate cross-border communications and collaborations across the region
- Bachelor degree or outstanding design skills
- At least 6-10 years in designing web / mobile products
- 3 years and above of experience managing and mentoring teams in highly matrixed organizations. Experience working in fast-growing startups is also a plus
- Design experience, encompassing interaction design and visual design and how these elements impact product function
- Experience in working collaboratively with product management, engineering, design and business teams
- Experience in leading product direction and strategic thinking with the ability to develop product goals, identify opportunities, and make decisions based on the impact to people and the company
- Able to articulate goals and concepts succinctly and effectively to the broader product team and other internal stakeholders
- Experience in using research and data to drive decision making