About the Team:
At Shopee Express (SPX), we are committed to providing the best last mile customer experience and ensuring that millions of parcels are delivered safely and efficiently to our customers’ doorsteps. We consistently raise the bar in customer experience by utilising lean thinking and creative problem-solving to drive improvement initiatives and innovative delivery solutions.
We are looking for data-driven problem-solvers to be part of our regional team. Data is core to our work - we work with large data sets to draw insights into delivery performance, optimise network planning, and deep-dive into pain points to debottleneck our scaling efforts.
What you will be doing:
- Work with large datasets to identify issues and drive improvements that have quantifiable impact, using advanced data analytics tools (SQL, Python, R, etc.).
- Conduct geospatial analysis to evaluate network structures in each market, in order to optimise first and last mile delivery speed and cost.
- Work closely with local counterparts in each market to understand their business problems, scaling factors, and boundary conditions (Some travelling is expected for this role).
- Drive adoption of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and best practices across the region-wide Shopee Express network to ensure standardisation of processes.
- Communicate ideas and key findings in a logical and structured manner to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Manage the roll-out and adoption of tech solutions for different projects, including coordinating User Acceptance Testing (UAT), developing training material, reporting and tracking of impact after roll-out.
- Degree in STEM or other subjects with analytical component
- Interest to build broad capabilities in strategy, operations, and data analytics in the e-commerce industry
- Experience with SQL and Python are preferred; geospatial data analysis skills are advantageous
- Ability to break down complex problems into small actionables, draw insights from complex data, and design practical and scalable solutions
- Curiosity to understand the “whys” and “hows” and to develop the “so-what”
- Keen learning attitude, not afraid of trying and learning from mistakes
- Self-motivated with strong ownership of work, proactive in finding better ways to get things done
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and thrive in a fluid, dynamic, and impact-focused environment.