Shopee’s Regional Marketplace Operations department is constantly solving problems and introducing innovative solutions to improve platform usability and enhance end user experience for our buyers, sellers, and partners.
Our teams sit at the core of our business and collaborate with various departments to manage end-to-end e-commerce processes, and design scalable solutions to create impact across multiple markets. To do so, we deep dive into the fundamentals of each aspect and drive strategic initiatives to sharpen our policy, processes and features for greater product and operational excellence.
Regional Operations includes the teams of Customer Service, Payment, Listings, Seller Operations, Returns & Refunds, and Fraud.
WHERE YOU COME IN
We focus on building a strong culture of data-driven decision-making, and humanising big data sits at the heart of our strategic planning. As we continue to develop impactful solutions to power the success of our business, data-driven insights are our biggest ally in navigating the fast-changing technological landscape.
We are looking for hands-on, motivated self-starters who are driven to leverage on the power of using data to drive informed business decisions.
Your day-to-day activities:
- Deep dive into data to investigate trends, uncover insights, and explore new opportunities for our business growth.
- Create data reports, visualisations, and meaningful analyses to support our business teams in making data-driven decisions.
- Partner with internal stakeholders from cross-functional and products teams to capture business requirements, shape data, and set up processes to design and build reporting solutions.
- Identify gaps and pioneer new ways to optimise our processes and improve data integrity.
- Sharpen your skills continuously by staying up-to-date with existing and emerging business intelligence tools.
- Strong interest to work with large data sets - work close to the business areas
- Eagerness to make an impact with data-driven solutions
- Degree in STEM and related subjects with strong knowledge in Data Manipulation/Wrangling, Analytics, Statistics etc.
- Strong foundation in data query/manipulation (e.g. SQL, Python) and or Big Data technologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to present insights clearly to different stakeholders
- Proactiveness in discovering new ways of getting things done
- Curiosity and openness to new challenges that helps you grow beyond your role
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment