Here at Shopee, our Machine Learning Platform Team aims to bring life to our products by harnessing the power of technology and data. We strive to create data-driven products loved across the world by millions of users, every single day. We draw meaningful insights while curating a product roadmap from planning, researching, designing, developing and implementing new product features on the go. Coupled with solid business acumen and the ability to work cross-functionally, our team helms the data science pillar at Shopee with ease.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Manager to join our Team, who is well-versed in applying machine learning to build products that impact the lives of many. The exact scope may vary according to individuals’ expertise and preference, and are not limited to only the following:
- Lead and manage the product cycles of our data science products from ideation, planning, development, deployment, adoption and growth.
- Design product requirements, roadmaps, feature designs and optimize users’ experience, Lead the product specs creation process and negotiate with stakeholders.
- Take charge of product planning meetings and prioritization of product timelines.
- Collaborate, communicate and establish strong relationships with key stakeholders to understand business needs and technical details needed for product development.
- Coach key stakeholders, including business and technical team to build a product that enable business growth and using state of the art machine learning techniques.
- Collaboration with data scientist, ML engineers and software engineers.
- Design and evaluate experiments that monitor vital product metrics and develop causal inference models to understand any changes in these metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Statistics or other applied quantitative fields. A Master Degree or MBA is an additional advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in data science and/or data product management.
- Basic knowledge of machine learning model development, strong understanding of model building and evaluation cycle is a must.
- Strong experimentation experience, creating experimental models and implementing new product or features.
- Seamless communication skills both orally and in writing, in order to effectively communicate technical details and business requirements to all levels of stakeholders.
- A growth mindset to learn new skills and knowledge in a fast-growing environment.
- A good understanding and strong interest of the data products and e-commerce.