The video team plays a vital role in Shopee, driving critical product decisions and platform growth. The team is made up of vibrant engineers, product managers, and UI/UX designers, who support and innovate on production search and recommendation models as well as drive product impact. The team is dynamic, fast-pacing, collaborative, and impact-driven. Come and join us on the way to the leading destination for short-form mobile video in the eCommerce sector.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of video search and recommendation products on user scenarios, business value, technical feasibility, and recommendation strategy.
- Own video search and recommendation products end to end - understand the user journey, design and plan feature builds, lead implementation, managing CxO level stakeholders, and co-create tech solutions.
- Drive the development of advanced machine learning-based solutions and feature optimization strategies.
- Design experiments to iterate and develop new and existing features.
- Use data to understand customer behavior and performance of features, and be data-driven in estimating the size of impact and determining prioritization.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders from product, engineering, design, data, and operation teams to bring ideas to life.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a reputable university.
- 3+ years of experience in product management. Domain knowledge and experience in video search and recommendation are highly desirable.
- Have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous, and challenging environment.
- Get things done. Be result-oriented, self-starting, and biased towards action. Follow-up on responsibilities independently. Have a strong sense of ownership.
- Robust quantitative and qualitative reasoning. Strong logical and critical thinking.
- Outstanding design thinking, significant creativity, good business sense, and strategies.
- Adapt to changes quickly. Comfortable with ambiguity. Open to receiving and giving feedback. Willing to try new and unfamiliar things.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin) to work with different stakeholders based in various regions