At Shopee, we are developing the-state-of-the-art technology to satisfy the needs of our millions of customers every day. More importantly, thanks to AI technology, we have been building customer service chatbots to automatically answer customers’ questions and solve their problems and concerns. Being the first contact point for the customers when they need help, the chatbot becomes part of customers' e-commerce experience that Shopee takes very seriously, therefore we are expanding the team drastically to build next generation products.
In this role you will help to design and evaluate the text-based chatbot models using the latest Natural Language Processing tools. You will be responsible for ensuring that the chatbot projects are executed flawlessly and then continuously optimised and extended to maximise success. Success in this role will encompass adding value in every interaction, continuously optimising the user experience and knowledge sharing with engineers, stakeholders and managers. It will lead us to better understand the value of their interactive technologies, too.
At this level, the ideal candidate will be a technically competent individual who is able to bridge the gap between operational and technical conversations depending on the audience. Through design flare, analysis and research this role will provide product managers, business stakeholders and engineers with continually optimised conversational technologies that will not only improve Customer Experience but also maximise the ROI.
Main Duties & Accountabilities:
- Drive data product definition and execute a staged development cycle to ensure complete solutions are architected to fulfill business needs and requirements, with balance between speed and sustainability.
- Own and design data applications/features/tools, e.g. traffic management system etc.
- Drive continuous improvements in fundamental product features to achieve excellent use of data, e.g. data marts.
- Co-own product roadmap along with product lead and business stakeholders to ensure product direction is aligned with both short term and long term business goals.
- Deliver high quality Product Requirements Document (PRD) and user manual.
- Conduct market research and competitor studies to identify opportunities, gaps and areas of improvement for the solutions.
- Cultivate a work culture of excellence, commitment, and ownership.
Required skills, experience & knowledge
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Analytics, Statistics or equivalent commercial experience in Linguistics, Human Computer Interaction, AI, NLP, etc.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in data applications design and development or hands-on data analysis.
- Hands-on involvement in product development cycle from requirements gathering to engineering/QA to actual release and post release performance/scalability monitoring.
- Extremely data-obsessed, and execution focused.
- Deep understanding and strong interest of the data products and e-commerce business.
- Excellent communication, analytical, logical thinking, problem solving, and writing skills.
- Strong drive and passion in product development and enhancement in order to meet business goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Flexibility to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Energetic, positive attitude and team player.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Fluent in additional language Chinese is desirable in order to collaborate with counterparts in China