We are a team of Engineers who builds and maintains features and systems for ShopeePay. We constantly work on introducing more effective payment functionalities to both internal businesses and external merchants. Together we aim to reach the forefront of technology for payment methods, promoting the cashless lifestyle to various groups of people across SEA.
This role would involve working with some of the most talented minds in the world, collaborating with fellow Developers, Product Managers, User Experience Designers and Operation Engineers to build products with cutting-edge technologies.
- Designing and implementing features to support online and offline payment methods throughout SEA
- Building, designing and implementing distributed systems that are optimized for performance, scalability and availability
- Writing high-quality, clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns, etc.)
- Bachelor's or a higher degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Relevant experience in Backend Development
- Familiar with commonly used languages, such as Golang/Python/C++/Java
- In-depth understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms, Networking, OS and other Computer Science fundamentals
- Familiar with commonly used Databases, such as MySQL
- Familiar with commonly used Middlewares, such as Redis and Kafka
- Familiar with Kubernetes (K8S) Microservice Architecture
- Familiar with HTTP/TCP protocols
- Familiar with XML/JSON/Protocol Buffers
- Familiar with Distributed Systems, Performance Tuning, massive Concurrency Handling, and Caching Mechanisms
- Related domain experience in the Fin-Tech area is strongly preferred