The mission of the Marketplace Data team is to build sustainable and scalable data products to promote the business and mission of Shopee marketplace by analyzing massive item and user related data, producing reliable predictive business insights and data-driven services, maximising the effectiveness of marketing campaigns as well as providing personalised e-commerce experiences based on all-round item profiling and user profiling data and information.
- Work closely with the marketplace data scientist team and internal stakeholders to build machine learning and data science pipelines.
- Write high-quality, clean, elegant, and reusable code; build common libraries.
- Understand necessary data science project requirements to implement and deploy data science applications and provide high performance, high availability, scalability API service.
- Working with data scientists on the design of reinforcement learning or online learning systems which helps to optimise product performance.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or fields related to data mining preferred.
- 2 years of industry experience as a software engineer writing production code in at least 2 programming languages (e.g., Python, Golang, etc) and Unix/Linux system and comfortable working with large datasets and real-time streaming data.
- Good experience in building highly secure and scalable API services using python and golang.
- Good knowledge in distributed data platforms and processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Flink, etc.
- Good experience in Linux development environments and shell scripting.
- Practical development experience in databases like Cassandra, ScyllaDB, Redis.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and continuous delivery (CICD) .
- Experience in using Docker and K8s.
- Great passion to design and implement data science systems.