The mission of the Marketplace Marketing Science team is to build sustainable and scalable data products to promote the business and mission of Shopee marketplace by analyzing massive item and user related data, producing reliable predictive business insights and data-driven services, maximising the effectiveness of marketing campaigns as well as providing personalised e-commerce experiences based on all-round item profiling and user profiling data and information.
- Work closely with business partners and internal stakeholders to discover marketing and growth problems, uncover insights, identify key levers and build practical solutions based on large-scale user and product data.
- Drive innovation by proposing new experimentation methodologies as well as novel statistical solutions and working closely with the product teams to facilitate the marketing business decision process.
- Build core machine learning models as well as an end-to-end machine learning pipeline to understand, identify and predict users’ shopping behaviours across their entire shopping journey and apply different data driven and AI methods to solve different promotion related problems such promotion recommendation, promotion distribution, promotion scheme generation, etc.
- Translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations and to translate business objectives into marketing goals and measurements.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics or fields related to data mining preferred.
- 2 years of industry experience in at least one programming language (e.g., Python, Golang, Scala) and Unix/Linux system and comfortable working with large datasets and conducting complex data analysis using SQL, Python or R.
- Good knowledge in statistical methods, classical machine learning (classification, regression, clustering, etc), deep learning, reinforcement learning, integer programming or convex/non convex optimization preferred.
- Experience in Tensorflow/Pytorch machine learning framework, distributed data processing framework (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) and conducting production environment A/B test.
- Good communication skills with demonstrated ability to deliver and explain technical content to stakeholders and teamwork mindset.