Logistics is one of the core foundations of Shopee’s e-commerce business, delighting millions of customers who receive their packages timely and reliably daily.
The Shopee Logistics Service (SLS) team connects with our logistics partners to offer first-in-class logistics experience for Shopee’s buyers and sellers. We are responsible for the product solutions that support a wide variety of shipping options to meet customer needs, offer real-time tracking services for logistics visibility, and enable seamless end-to-end flow of parcels for customers’ convenience.
This also includes developing innovative and game-changing logistics solutions to meet constantly-evolving business needs in each of our unique markets; as well as using cutting-edge technologies to elevate the efficiency and reliability of our logistics partners.
The SLS team is looking for a driven individual to join our team in shaping the future of the logistics landscapes across Shopee’s markets. The rapid business growth and unique operating environment in each market makes this role a highly challenging and fulfilling one. You will be responsible for understanding business operations and requirements, identifying product solution opportunities, designing and implementing the end-to-end logistics solutions (from both business operations and systems perspective)
- Engage internal and external stakeholders in different markets to understand business requirements and identify strategic opportunities.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to design feasible and scalable logistics solutions. Deliver clear and comprehensive Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) for business users and engineers’ reference.
- Plan roadmap for logistics product, to continuously improve in iterations in a fast-changing logistics environment.
- Exercise sound judgment in prioritising product features in roadmap (based on data analysis of business value and impact, technical feasibility, development resource planning and implementation schedule)
- Prepare User Acceptance Test (UAT) scenarios, coordinate the testing and live releases
- Drive successful solution implementation and adoption with internal training, deployment planning, day-to-day support, feedback gathering, etc.
- Own the product lifecycle process - analysing data to gather insights on product adoption/improvements, tracking KPIs, and proposing further iterations
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business (Operations Management), Supply Chain Management, Mathematics, Industrial System Engineering or other Engineering degrees is preferred but not required
- Experience in product management (ideally in a technology or logistics environment) is a plus.
- Cross-disciplinary understanding of business functions (such as logistics, warehouse, marketplace operations, accounting, finance) and/or information systems (such as information exchange, data structure) is a plus.
- Strong data analytical skills with proficiency in tools like SQL, Python is a plus.
- Able to communicate complex ideas concisely and effectively (both verbally and in writing), to stakeholders at all levels. Ability to converse in Mandarin or any of the local languages in Shopee’s markets is a plus
- Logical thinker and problem-solver. Must be an independent self-starter and a quick learner, with the diligence to follow-through on complex projects
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively managing multiple and competing priorities simultaneously