Shopee is enhancing its data capabilities for its shared services to provide insights to its large user base and to personalize the shopping experience of different user segments. As a key member of the data team, you will have the opportunity to work on big data generated on the platform and facilitate not only decision making based on business insights, but also play an important role in supporting online real time services for personalized user experiences.
- Design, develop and maintain the shared service data platform to support business growth
- Work closely with the product team and provide solutions to business problems
- Responsible for user data collection, processing, storage and building the user data warehouse
- Use existing big data platform to do data cleaning, processing, storage, statistics, query, analysis and sense making
- Build online data services for business, work on data metrics statistics, multidimensional data analysis and data presentation
- Design, develop and maintain internal user related data visualization platform
- Having a background in computer science or related disciplines
- 2 years of experience or above
- Experienced in at least one language such as Java, Scala, Python, Golang or C++
- Familiar with big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Hive, Hbase...
- Strong in logical thinking and problem solving skills, actively seeking challenges
- Strong ownership, good communication skills, having teamwork spirit and capable of working independently under pressure
- Experience working with large scale datasets (TB level) is a plus
- Experience in user data processing or user profiling is a plus
- Experience in data visualization is a plus