Shopee Search, Recommendation and Ads teams provide AI-based online services to hundreds of millions of users. A lion’s share of user traffic is served by these three businesses. Behind the scenes, these services are powered by petabytes of data, numerous state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms, sophisticated and scalable service architectures, and creative business strategies. We create intelligence from massive seemingly nebulous data and turn innovative ideas into tangible products. We keep on breaking our systems’ limit to keep pace with Shopee's hyper-growing business scale. We aim to deliver a “smart” shopping experience on users’ next click.
- Define key metrics and build automated dashboards, reports, and models;
- Monitor key metrics and conduct deep dive analysis on specific issues to identify underlying drivers;
- Work with large datasets on data extraction, cleaning, analysis and presentation;
- Provide recommendations for data improvement, quality, and efficiency of data;
- Data-driven decision-making by identifying, structuring, and executing product and performance analyses.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative fields
- 2+ years work experience in quantitative analysis
- A solid grasp of common statistical methods and applications (A/B testing evaluation, time series analysis), familiarity with common data analysis methodologies
- Experience using data access tools and building dashboards and analyses with large datasets and multiple data sources
- Familiarity with web analytics tools and data visualization (e.g. Google Datastudio/Lumos/Druid)
- Experience working with very large data sets and distributed computing (SQL/Hive/Hadoop/MapReduce)
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, learn autonomously, and highly organized
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience in the e-commerce domain is preferred.