At Shopee Search & Recommendation, we connect users to what they may want at scale. As a pillar of e-commerce discovery experience, every day, our products enable tens of millions of users discover relevant and interesting things among hundreds of millions of products and contents available on Shopee. We’re a passionate, young, and diverse team coming from 10+ countries, committed to creating a convenient, delightful, and intelligent discovery experience for our users.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who is or has the potential to be an expert in Search to join us. Leadership positions are available for candidates with e-commerce search expertise.
- Build comprehensive understanding of Search products on users scenario, business value, technical feasibility and Search strategy.
- Own product end to end from frontend UX to backend strategy.
- Continuously iterate on existing product features or propose new features.
- Use deep user insights and sharp data sense to support product decisions.
- Conduct crucial, top-notch quality customer research and competitor analyses to understand changing consumer needs and business opportunities.
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders from Product, Engineering, Design, Data, and Operations to bring ideas to life.
- Participate actively in the roadmapping and prioritization of major R&D components.
- 2+ years of experience in Product Management. Search, E-commerce, O2O or top tech company experience is a plus.
- Domain knowledge in Search is HIGHLY desirable. For example, query analysis, session analysis, ranking strategies, listing qualities, NLP, search seller operations.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related applied quantitative field.
- Have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous, and challenging environment.
- Get-things-done. Be result-oriented, self-starting, and biased towards action. Follow-up on responsibilities independently. Have a strong sense of ownership.
- Robust quantitative and qualitative reasoning. Strong logical and critical thinking.
- Outstanding design thinking, significant creativity, good business sense and strategies.
- Adapt to changes quickly. Comfortable with ambiguity. Open to receiving and giving feedback. Willing to try new and unfamiliar things.