Shopee's Latam Marketplace Operations department is constantly solving problems and introducing innovative solutions to improve platform usability and enhance end user experience for our buyers, sellers, and partners.
Our teams sit at the core of our business and collaborate with various departments to manage end-to-end e-commerce processes, and design scalable solutions to create impact across multiple markets. To do so, we deep dive into the fundamentals of each aspect and drive strategic initiatives to sharpen our policy, processes and features for greater product and operational excellence.
Operations includes the teams of Customer Service, Payment, Listings, Seller Operations, Returns & Refunds, and Fraud.
- Develop payments strategy, identifying key projects to improve business operations and implementing them;
- Develop, implement and maintain the optimum organisational structure in the payments team, with the most suitable arrangement of team members to fulfil business needs;
- Analyse daily and monthly reporting to present to various areas of the business and to create strategies & continually focus on process optimization;
- Partner with Product and Technical teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities for payments and payment channel integration optimization;
- Identifying cost saving initiatives based on industry best practices, in order to improve the business process efficiency;
- Execute and project manage initiatives focused on enhancing optimization, reducing payment costs and redundancies;
- Work with the business to maintain the payments pipeline, managing day-to-day responsibilities such as monitoring & researching the cause of payment declines, daily reconciling of payment processing statements for multiple high volume and monthly assessments of payment card fees;
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in any field;
- Proven experience in defining payments strategy and implementation;
- Experience with leading teams;
- Excellent in both written and verbal communication;
- Strong logical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Good team player, positive attitude and eager to learn;
- Driven and motivated;
- Have passion in the marketplace industry;
- Experience in payments operations (marketplace or e-wallet preferred)
- Fluent English.