Do you have the passion to bring convenience to billions of customers to find what they need, when they need at a competitive cost? Does the opportunity to engage key stakeholders along the supply chain to bring the best assortments and pricing under rapidly changing market conditions keep you awake at night? Do you get energized thinking about what customers are buying day to day to ensure current and relevant assortments? If these are close to your heart, Shopee is looking for an experienced product management professional with technology experience and cross-functional understanding of retail systems and processes to join our Product Management family.
Business Product Management - Supply Chain / Retail Management team owns and builds in-house collaboration and analytics platform that connects key players across the Shopee supply chain network to ensure the best price, convenient selections and robust stock availability across our various retail channels to meet the everyday needs of our customers. In this role, you must understand what matters to customers, how to co-create values with suppliers and what spurs on the retail business ecosystem. You will be leading initiatives where the product opportunity and/or technology strategy has yet to be defined. You will need to drive clarity in problem and opportunity definition, while being comfortable in dealing with a high degree of ambiguity.
In addition, as a member of the Supply Chain Team, you must be a strong communicator and be able to lead cross-functional teams including Business, Operations, Product, Design & Engineering to manage the timeline to support product launches across various retail topics including, but not limited to
- Listing / Assortment Strategies
- Pricing & Merchandising
- Supply & Demand Planning
- Sourcing, Purchasing & Distribution
- Shop & Customer Operations
- Payables & Receivables Management
- Initiate, define, plan and manage the roll out of the product features and enhancements for the product initiatives that you own
- Deliver fit-for-purpose product solutions working closely with local retail business development, operations and engineering teams and understand the impact of technical design decisions on ability to scale and innovate for customers
- Measure Improvements and impact of changes and set-up mechanisms to audit impact and perform necessary course corrections where needed to meet business objectives
- Provide day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer features and gather feedback
- Work with various internal teams to ensure scalable communication processes, drive tools and process improvements that affect vendor management workflows to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of products to end customers
- Drive appropriate data oriented analysis, adoption of technology solutions and process improvement projects to achieve operational and business goals
- Bachelor Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Administration, Information Systems, Operations Management or Economics with minor / specialization in Supply Chain or equivalent is preferred
- 2+ years of experience in product management in either technology or online/offline major retail players (brands, manufacturers, distributors, retailers) with a track record of delivering features and products rapidly and at scale
- Must be self-starter and a quick learner, independent and flexible, with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on cross-functional projects
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization (technical, business, executive)
- Strong verbal and written communication is a must. Ability to converse at working-level in Mandarin and/or any one of the regional South East Asian languages where Shopee operates is a plus, in order to collaborate with counterparts in the region.
- Strong analytical ability with proven experience using quantitative tools to develop complex model is a plus
- Experience working in a software development and science environment is a plus