Have you ever ordered a product on Shopee? Do you wonder how it got to you so fast and where it came from? How much did it cost? If so, Shopee Supply Chain Fulfillment Experience team is for you, we own and build large scale distributed systems that processes millions of requests per second to determine when and how to ship items from Shopee’s warehouses to customers in the most optimal way.
Shopee is looking for an experienced product manager with technology experience with the understanding of complex inventory management and customer order fulfillment systems to join our Supply Chain Fulfillment Experience team. In this role, you must understand what matters to customers, what drives the business, and how we can influence both short-term and long-term business outcomes. Working backwards from the customer, you must define the strategic vision for the product, own the long-term roadmap, and drive teams to execute on that vision. You will be leading initiatives where the product opportunity and/or technology strategy has yet to be defined. You will need to drive clarity in problem and opportunity definition while being comfortable in dealing with a high degree of ambiguity.
In addition, as a member of the Supply Chain Team, you must be a strong communicator and be able to lead cross-functional teams including Software Development, Ordering, Listing, Transportation, Warehouses, Customer service and Retail to manage the timeline to support product launches.
- Initiate, define, plan and manage the roll out of the product features and enhancements for the product initiatives that you own
- Deliver high standard product solutions working closely with engineering teams and understand the impact of technical design decisions on ability to scale and innovate for customers
- Measure Improvements and impact of changes and set-up mechanisms to audit impact and perform necessary course corrections where needed to meet business objectives
- Provide day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer features and gather feedback
- Manage engagement with multiple stakeholders, including Ordering, Listing, Transportation, Warehouses, Retail and etc.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Supply Chain, Engineering or equivalent is preferred
- 2+ years of experience in product management in tech with a track record of delivering features and products at scale
- Outstanding and creative problem solving skills related to Supply Chain, Operations, Transportation or Inventory Management
- Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Must be self-starter and a quick learner, independent and flexible, with strong customer focus
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization (technical, business, executive)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and Mandarin speaking is a plus in order to collaborate with counterparts in China
- Strong analytic skills with experience using quantitative tools is a plus
- Experience working in a software development and science environment is a plus