We are a group of software engineers who take coding seriously and understand programming as a science. This will be an enticing opportunity to work on various ecommerce products on the Backend such as:
- Payment: Supporting payment related features in Shopee and developing financial services like Credit Card Gateways and ShopeePay wallet for SeaMoney.
- Order: Building the Checkout and Order systems that handle the overall buyer user experience and the entire lifecycle of products being bought and sold.
- Promotion: Supporting promotional strategies by building features like Reward Systems, Vouchers, Bundle Deals and Flash Sales.
- Landing: Enabling users to discover Shopee’s offerings through various key landing pages on the Shopee platform like home page, campaign landing pages, and product detail page.
- WSA: The Web Services for Application team is working on the middle layer between the front end application and the backend services. We ensure all backend business services development are smooth, stable and aligned.
- Designing and implementing backend services in Python and Go
- Writing high-quality, clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns, etc.)
- Analyzing requirements, designing and developing features
- Understanding and constantly optimizing our products, identifying and fixing problems, improving stability and user experience
- Designing and implementing distributed systems that are optimized for performance, scalability and availability
- Building reusable code and libraries
- Collaborating with fellow developers, product managers, user experience designers, and operation engineers to build products with cutting-edge technologies
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Relevant experience in Web / Backend development
- Passionate about coding and programming, innovation, and solving challenging problems
- Familiar with performance tuning, massive concurrency handling, and caching mechanisms
- In-depth understanding of Data Structures, Database and other computer science fundamentals
- Familiar with Linux development environments
- Hands-on experiences and knowledge on relational databases such as MySQL (Preferred)