At Shopee Search & Recommendation, we connect customers to what they may want at scale. As a pillar of e-commerce discovery experience, every day, our search & recommendation engines help tens of millions of people discover relevant and interesting things among billions of products and contents available on Shopee.
We’re a young, passionate, and interdisciplinary team coming from 10+ countries, committed to creating a convenient, delightful, and intelligent discovery experience for our users, such that they can find more of what they like with less time and effort.
We are looking for a product operation associate to join us. This is a fantastic opportunity to make significant impacts on Shopee's search engine through both advanced technology and human expertise.
- Continuously optimize search relevance across all markets by evaluating product quality, collecting product feedback, implementing best practices, and continuously providing suggestions for search roadmap.
- Manage knowledge engineering projects such as data labeling, and model evaluation.
- Streamline the existing end-to-end process of search evaluation to improve efficiency.
- Work with the local product, regional operations team, and relevant stakeholders to evaluate, analyze, and improve the quality of Search.
- Work with product managers to explore search problems and design long-term solutions to improve search engine quality.
- Speak one of the languages (optional) besides English: Bahasa Indonesia, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, in order to communicate more efficiently with teams from various markets.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduating from a reputable educational institution is a plus.
- 1-2 years of experience, previous operational role, or working with cross-functional teams is a plus.
- Strong execution skills and great attention to detail.
- Strong ownership, bias towards actions, get things done independently.
- Strong business processes with the ability to innovate and optimize business processes.
- Effectively communicate complex business/technical information with different audiences verbally or in writing.
- Able to work under pressure with multiple parties involved.
- Analytical and quantitative reasoning with good critical thinking and data-based decision-making skills.
- Good command of Excel/Google Sheet. Basic knowledge of SQL.